Monday, September 10, 2012

The Inexpensive Products That Actually Work.

Though Sephora beauty products are expensive, they are destined to be of the highest quality and caliber. The drugstore-type brands are inexpensive and always on sale, but don't always satisfy. Here are beauty products that work well while also being affordable:

  • Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation- I used to use this foundation when it was only 16 hours. This foundation is transfer resistant, blends well into the skin, oil free, and mineral enriched. It is about $7.29 for 30 ml. I have tried many drugstore foundations and this was my go-to for long high school days.

  • Avon Magix Face Perfector- No matter how many new primers I buy, I will always have this perfector in my makeup bag. This reduces the appearance of large pores, lasts all day, SPF 20, can be worn alone or under makeup, and is very light. I feel this is an excellent prep for foundation and it makes my skin stay matte all day long. I do not have a problem with oily skin when I use this perfector and know some people who do not need foundation with this product. It is regular $10, but I always seem to find it on sale for about $7.50 (and it lasts a long time).


  • Eyes Lips Face Mineral Eye Shadow- Hands down, e.l.f. makes the greatest inexpensive eye shadows out there. These eye shadows are off of their mineral line and come in 28 shades. They are just as reputable as a bareMinerals eye shadow or expensive palette eye shadow. The loose powder combined with a good eye shadow primer delivers bold, lasting color. For only $3 you get .85 grams (bareMinerals gives you .57 grams in their small size). With .85 grams and its nature of being an eye shadow, I guarantee it will last you forever. 

  • Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector- This is the greatest concealer for dark under-eye circles. This is SPF 25 and comes in a twist brush package. Brushing on the concealer and blending with a dab motion makes the sleepless of nights disappear off of your face! This even works great with discoloration and redness because of the great blend-ability of the product. (I find it works better than most concealers.) This is $11.99 for .17 oz and also lasts a long time.

  • Ulta Beauty Brand Lipstick- The Ulta Brand of lipsticks bring bold color that lasts throughout the day. I have found that I like this brand better than the regular drugstore lipsticks like Covergirl or Maybelline. The lipsticks in the darker colors of pinks and reds deliver strong color. (The Ulta workers said the lighter pinks and light colors are more sheer.) This is not a moisture lipstick, so I find it lasts longer throughout the day as well. The lipsticks are regular $8, however, they are always on sale and are currently $4 during the Ulta 21 Days of Beauty!! 

  • Wet 'n' Wild Megasparkle Confetti- This is a great brand if you are looking for pure glitter used as body glitter or eye shadow. For $2.99 you receive 2.6 g of glitter which come in various colors. This is great if you want a solid patch of glitter on your eyelids for a fun night out.

  • Eyes Lips Face Eyelid Primer- E.l.f. makes a great eyelid primer to go along with their amazing eye shadows. I have used many primers including the Urban Decay Potions, and I can tell you that this primer is very reputable and very worth the price. E.l.f. makes a $1 primer off of their Essential line and a $3 primer off of their Mineral line. To me, both are excellent, but people have told me that the extra $2 is worth it. They come in different shades and can be purchased online or at Target.




  • Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner- This is an excellent eye liner that lasts forever. Though not a drugstore brand, it is pretty affordable. If I could only use one piece of makeup every day, it would be eyeliner. I have gone through all the eyeliners and have found that the Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner is the best. I do a thick wing, cat-eye effect and need a reliable liner that won't smudge and will last from 8am-7pm.  For $15, you receive .17 oz and a brush.  I use this every single day, use a lot, and this lasts literally forever. 













No comments:

Post a Comment